Generic Name and Formulations:
Roflumilast 250mcg, 500mcg; tabs.
Indications for DALIRESP:
To reduce risk of COPD exacerbations in severe COPD patients with chronic bronchitis and a history of exacerbations.
Limitations Of use:
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm. Daliresp 250mcg is a starting dose only and is not the effective dose.
Maintenance: 500mcg once daily. Initiating 250mcg once daily for 4 weeks, then increasing to 500mcg once daily thereafter may reduce the rate of discontinuation in some patients.
Moderate-to-severe liver impairment (Child-Pugh B or C).
History of depression. Suicidal ideation. Monitor for new or worsening insomnia, anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, other mood changes; reevaluate if occur. Mild liver impairment (Child-Pugh A). Monitor weight regularly; consider discontinuing if unexplained or significant weight loss occurs. Pregnancy. Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant strong CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampicin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, phenytoin): not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, ketoconazole, fluvoxamine, enoxacin, cimetidine), and by oral contraceptives containing gestodene + ethinyl estradiol (possible increased adverse effects).
Selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor.
Diarrhea, weight loss, nausea, headache, back pain, influenza, dizziness, decreased appetite; psychiatric effects (eg, insomnia, anxiety, depression).
Tabs 250mcg—28; 500mcg—30, 90
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma