Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalbavancin 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DALVANCE:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. CrCl ≥30mL/min or on regular hemodialysis: administer 1500mg as single dose, or 1000mg followed by 500mg one week later. Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) and who are not receiving regularly scheduled hemodialysis: administer 1125mg as single dose, or 750mg followed by 375mg one week later.
History of glycopeptide allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity or skin reactions occur. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C). Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, pruritus; ALT elevations, infusion-related reactions (eg, Red-Man Syndrome), C. difficile-associated diarrhea (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC