Generic Name and Formulations:
2-octyl cyanoacrylate; liq topical adhesive; high viscosity.
Indications for DERMABOND:
To hold closed easily approximated skin edges of wounds from surgical incisions, including punctures from minimally invasive surgery, and simple, thoroughly cleansed, trauma-induced lacerations; may be used in combination with deep dermal stitches.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Apply thin layers (at least 2) lightly to dry, cleansed, debrided skin edges of wounds or lacerations.
Active infection, gangrene, or decubitus wounds. Mucosal surfaces or across mucocutaneous junctions (eg, oral cavity, lips), or skin exposed to body fluids, or with dense natural hair (eg, scalp). Formaldehyde or cyanoacrylate sensitivity.
See literature. Do not apply to wet wounds. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, sun or UV light. Not for use in high skin tension areas (eg, knuckles, elbows, knees). Peripheral vascular disease. Diabetes. Blood-clotting disorders. History of keloid formation or hypertrophy. Burst stellate lacerations. Animal or human bites. Puncture or stab wounds. Monitor for signs of infection.
May be affected by moisture, fluids, excessive heat or radiation. Liquid or ointment medications may weaken bond. Bond may be loosened with petroleum jelly or acetone.
Erythema, edema, pain, thermal discomfort, infection.
Prefilled single-use vial (w. applicator tips or pen applicators)—6, 12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma