Generic Name and Formulations:
Desonide 0.05%; crm; lotion.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DESOWEN:
Apply a thin film to affected areas 2–3 times daily; discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, irritation, contact dermatitis, condition worsened, skin peeling, itching, intense transient erythema, dryness/scaliness; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Crm—15g, 60g; Lotion—2oz, 4oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC