DETROL LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tolterodine tartrate 2mg, 4mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for DETROL LA:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, or urge incontinence.
Swallow whole. 4mg once daily; may decrease to 2mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir), or severe renal or mild to moderate hepatic dysfunction: 2mg once daily. Severe hepatic impairment, CrCl<10mL/min: not recommended.
Urinary or gastric retention. Uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma. Fesoterodine fumarate allergy.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction (eg, pyloric stenosis). Decreased GI motility. Discontinue if angioedema occurs. Monitor for anticholinergic CNS effects (esp. when starting treatment and after dose increases). Narrow-angle glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis. History of QT prolongation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Plasma levels increased by CYP3A4 inhibitors (see Adult dose). Caution with Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics.
Dry mouth/eyes, headache, constipation, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, fatigue, dizziness, somnolence, sinusitis, abnormal vision, anxiety, dysuria, other anticholinergic effects; anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Hepatic (CYP2D6, 3A4).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
LA—30, 90, 500; Tabs—60, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML