Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 10mg, pyridoxine HCl 10mg; del-rel tabs.
Duchesnay USA, Inc.
Indications for DICLEGIS:
Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy in women who do not respond to conservative management.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied in women with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach with water. ≥18yrs: Day 1: initially 2 tabs at bedtime; continue same dose next day if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist into afternoon of Day 2, take usual dose of 2 tabs at bedtime that night, and then starting on Day 3 take 3 tabs (1 tablet in AM and 2 tabs at bedtime); continue if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist, starting on Day 4 take 4 tabs (1 tab in the AM, 1 tab mid-afternoon, and 2 tabs at bedtime). Max 4 tabs daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant MAOIs; may prolong and intensify anticholinergic effects.
Asthma. Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Stenosing peptic ulcer. Pyloroduodenal obstruction. Urinary bladder-neck obstruction. Reevaluate as pregnancy progresses. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + Vit. B6 analog.
See Contraindications. Concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotic sedatives, tranquilizers): not recommended. Concomitant food may delay onset of action and reduce absorption. May cause false (+) urine test for methadone, opiates, PCP.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline