Generic Name and Formulations:
Dicloxacillin sodium 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Dicloxacillin :
Susceptible infections caused by penicillinase-producing staphylococci. Not for initial therapy in serious, life-threatening infections.
Take on an empty stomach. ≥40kg: Mild to moderate infections: 125mg every 6hrs. Severe infections: 250mg every 6hrs.
Take on an empty stomach. <40kg: Mild to moderate infections: 12.5mg/kg/day in divided doses every 6hrs. Severe: 25mg/kg/day in divided doses every 6hrs.
Signficant allergy/asthma. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant tetracyclines, aminoglycosides. Serum levels increased by probenecid. May reduce anticoagulant response: monitor PT.
GI upset, hypersensitivity reactions, neurotoxic reactions, blood dyscrasias; C. difficile associated diarrhea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC