Generic Name and Formulations:
Diethylpropion HCl 25mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Diethylpropion:
Short-term adjunct in management of exogenous obesity.
25mg 3 times daily 1 hr before meals and in midevening for night hunger or one 75mg sustained-release tab daily in midmorning.
Arteriosclerosis. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitation. Drug or alcohol abuse. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Epilepsy. Cardiovascular disease. Arrhythmias. Diabetes. Prescribe limited supply to prevent overdose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Blocks guanethidine. Adverse reaction with alcohol. Arrhythmias may occur with general anesthetics. Antagonized by phenothiazines.
Abuse potential, impairment in hazardous activities, arrhythmias, hypertension, CNS overstimulation, psychosis, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urticaria, impotence, seizures, blood dyscrasias, dyspnea, hair loss, dysuria.
Formerly known under the brand names Tenuate, Tepanil (tabs); Tenuate Dospan, Tepanil Ten-tab (SR tabs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma