DITROPAN XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 5mg, 10mg, 15mg; ext-rel tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DITROPAN XL:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency. Neurologic detrusor overactivity symptoms in children.
Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg or 10mg once daily; may increase weekly in 5mg increments; max 30mg/day.
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Swallow whole. Take with fluid. Initially 5mg once daily; may increase in 5mg increments; max 20mg/day.
Urinary or gastric retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; or patients at risk for these.
Discontinue if angioedema develops; consider discontinuing if anticholinergic CNS effects occur. Bladder outflow or GI obstruction. Ulcerative colitis. Intestinal atony. GERD. GI narrowing or stricture. Pre-existing dementia. Parkinson's disease. Myasthenia gravis. Decreased GI motility in those with autonomic neuropathy. Exposure to high environmental temperatures. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Increased drowsiness with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors. Decreases GI motility, possibly affecting absorption of other drugs. Caution with drugs that can cause or exacerbate esophagitis (eg, bisphosphonates).
Dry mouth, constipation, somnolence, headache, diarrhea, nausea, tachycardia, blurred vision, dry eyes, other anticholinergic effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline