DIURIL INJ Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorothiazide (as sodium) 500mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Indications for DIURIL INJ:
0.5–1g IV once or twice daily.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmias. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Postsympathectomy. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+ -sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. Antagonized by NSAIDs. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia more likely with diazoxide. NSAIDs may cause renal failure. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants, other antihypertensives. Hypotension with CNS depressants. May interfere with parathyroid tests.
Electrolyte disorders (especially hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy