Generic Name and Formulations:
Doripenem (as monohydrate) 250mg/vial, 500mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after constitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DORIBAX:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal and complicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis).
Give by IV infusion over 1hr; may switch to oral antibiotics after 3 days. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): Intra-abdominal: 500mg every 8hrs for 5–14 days. UTI, pyelonephritis: 500mg every 8hrs for 10–14 days. CrCl 30–50mL/min: 250mg every 8hrs; CrCl>10–<30mL/min: 250mg every 12hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for treatment of ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia. Carbapenems, cephalosporins, penicillins or other allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur and treat. Increased risk of seizures with history of CNS disorders (eg, stroke), renal dysfunction, or doses >500mg every 8hrs. Risk of pneumonitis with inhalational use; avoid this route. Renal impairment; monitor. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Antagonizes valproic acid; if needed, monitor and consider supplemental anticonvulsant. Potentiated by probenecid: not recommended.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea (may be serious; evaluate if occurs), rash, phlebitis, anemia, elevated hepatic enzymes; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, hypersensitivity reactions, seizures.
Single-use vials—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML