DRAMAMINE CHEWABLE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dimenhydrinate 50mg; scored chewable tabs; contains phenylalanine, tartrazine.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for DRAMAMINE CHEWABLE:
Motion sickness prophylaxis.
50–100mg every 4–6 hours, starting ½–1 hour before travel; max 400mg/day.
<2 years: not recommended. 2–6 years: 12.5–25mg; max 75mg/day. 6–11 yrs: 25–50mg; max 150mg/day. Both: starting ½–1 hour before travel; may repeat every 6–8 hours.
Asthma or chronic respiratory disease. Glaucoma. Arrhythmias. GI or urinary obstruction. Phenylketonuria (chewable tabs). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. May potentiate ototoxicity of antibiotics (esp. aminoglycosides).
Drowsiness, sedation, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement in children.
Tabs—12, 36, 100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline