Generic Name and Formulations:
Dupilumab 300mg/2mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi US and Regeneron
Indications for DUPIXENT:
Moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis in adults who are not adequately controlled with topical prescription therapies or when they are not advisable.
Give by SC inj into thigh, abdomen (except around navel), or upper arm; rotate inj sites. ≥18yrs: Initially 600mg (two 300mg inj at different sites) followed by 300mg every other week. May use with or without topical corticosteroids. Topical calcineurin inhibitors may also be used, but should be reserved only for problem areas (eg, face, neck, intertriginous and genital areas).
<18yrs: not established.
Discontinue if significant hypersensitivity reaction occurs; treat appropriately. Advise patients to report new onset or worsening eye symptoms. Comorbid asthma. Helminth infections. Do not inject into tender, damaged, bruised or scarred skin. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant live vaccines. Concomitant CYP450 substrates with narrow therapeutic index (eg, warfarin, cyclosporine); monitor and consider dose adjustment.
Interleukin-4 receptor alpha antagonist.
Inj site reactions, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, oral herpes, keratitis, eye pruritus, other herpes simplex virus infection, dry eye; hypersensitivity.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—2 (with or without needle shield)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC