Generic Name and Formulations:
Difluprednate 0.05%; oph emulsion.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DUREZOL:
Post-op inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery. Endogenous anterior uveitis.
Post-op inflammation/pain: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24hrs after surgery, continue for 2 weeks post-op, followed by 2 times daily for a week, then taper based on response. Uveitis: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily for 14 days, followed by tapering as clinically indicated.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corneal edema, ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia, eye pain, photophobia, posterior capsule opacification, anterior chamber cells and flare, conjunctival edema, blepharitis, blurred vision, eye irritation, headache, iritis, limbal hyperemia, punctate keratitis, uveitis; cataract formation, corneal perforation. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline