Generic Name and Formulations:
Difluprednate 0.05%; oph emulsion.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for DUREZOL:
Post-op inflammation and pain associated with ocular surgery. Endogenous anterior uveitis.
Post-op inflammation/pain: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily beginning 24hrs after surgery, continue for 2 weeks post-op, followed by 2 times daily for a week, then taper based on response. Uveitis: 1 drop into affected eye(s) 4 times daily for 14 days, followed by tapering as clinically indicated.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. History of herpes simplex. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections in prolonged therapy (>10 days). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Corneal edema, ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia, eye pain, photophobia, posterior capsule opacification, anterior chamber cells and flare, conjunctival edema, blepharitis, blurred vision, eye irritation, headache, iritis, limbal hyperemia, punctate keratitis, uveitis; cataract formation, corneal perforation. Prolonged use may increase: IOP, optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects. May delay healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy