Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyaluronic acid 20mg/mL; viscoelastic gel for intra-articular inj.
Indications for DUROLANE:
Symptomatic treatment of mild-to-moderate knee or hip osteoarthritis.
Remove joint effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 3mL per knee or hip. Local anesthetic by SC inj or topical freezing agents may be used prior to inj. Use separate syringes for each joint.
Do not inject by intravascular or extra-articular route, or in the synovial tissues or capsule. Avoid infected or severely inflamed synovial joint, active skin disease or infection at or near inj site. Venous or lymphatic stasis in the leg. Pre-existing chondrocalcinosis. Hyaluronic acid sensitivity. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not studied.
Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Transient pain, swelling, joint stiffness; infection.
Single-use prefilled syringe (3mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Rectal Cancer: Adjuvant Chemotherapy May Improve OS After pCR
- Breast Cancer: Determining the Best Diet for Disease Prevention
- Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer May Cause Diabetes
- Post-Oophorectomy Estrogen Therapy May Not Increase Breast Cancer Risk in BRCA1 Carriers
- Carboxyamidotriazole Orotate With Temozolomide May Be Active Against Glioblastoma