Generic Name and Formulations:
Tesamorelin 2mg/vial; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for EGRIFTA:
For the reduction of excess abdominal fat in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy.
Give by SC inj. Inject into abdomen, rotate inj sites. 2mg once daily.
Disruption of hypothalmic-pituitary axis due to hypophysectomy, hypopituitarism, pituitary tumors/surgery, head irradiation, or head trauma. Active malignancy. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Not for use in weight loss management. History of treated and stable malignancies. Discontinue in critically ill patients. Monitor IGF-1 levels closely; consider discontinuing if IGF-1 levels persistently elevated (eg, >3 SDS). Increased risk of impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes; monitor for changes in glucose metabolism. Monitor for worsening retinopathy in diabetic patients. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, corticosteroids, sex steroids, anticonvulsants, cyclosporine). May inhibit 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1; may need to increase maintenance and stress doses of glucocorticoid if needed for replacement in hypoadrenalism.
Growth hormone releasing factor analogue.
Arthralgia, inj site erythema/pruritus, pain in extremity, peripheral edema, myalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, glucose intolerance, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial—30 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma