Generic Name and Formulations:
Selegiline HCl 5mg; caps.
Somerset Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ELDEPRYL:
Adjunct to levodopa/ carbidopa in Parkinsonism.
5mg at breakfast and at lunch; max 10mg/day. After 2–3 days, levodopa/ carbidopa dosage may be reduced by 10–30%; further reductions may be possible later.
Concomitant meperidine, other opioids (See Interactions).
Selectivity for MAO type B diminishes at doses over 10mg/day. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Contraindicated with meperidine, possibly other opioids (hyperpyretic crisis). Avoid concomitant tricyclic antidepressants or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Allow at least 5 weeks (or more if used chronically or at high doses) between fluoxetine discontinuance and 2 weeks between paroxetine or sertraline discontinuance before starting selegiline; allow 2 weeks between selegiline discontinuance before starting tricyclic antidepressants or SSRIs. Caution with tyramine-containing foods and with sympathomimetics.
Nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, syncope, abdominal pain, confusion, vivid dreams, hallucinations, dry mouth, headache.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML