Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimecrolimus 1%; crm.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for ELIDEL:
Second-line therapy: for short-term and non-continuous chronic treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis in non-immunocompromised patients when other topical therapies are inadvisable or ineffective.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply to affected area(s) twice daily. Do not occlude.
Long term safety of topical calcineurin inhibitors has not been established.
Clear infections at treatment site before starting. Netherton's syndrome, generalized erythroderma, malignant or pre-malignant skin conditions: not recommended. Varicella zoster. Eczema herpeticum. Herpes simplex. Consider discontinuing if lymphadenopathy of unknown etiology or acute infectious mononucleosis occurs. Consider discontinuing until warts clear if skin papillomas worsen or are unresponsive. Avoid sun, UV light. Reevaluate if no improvement after 6 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with CYP3A inhibitors in widespread and/or erythrodermic disease.
Local reactions (eg, burning), nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, headache, others; rare: malignancy (eg, skin, lymphoma).
Crm—30g, 60g, 100g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC