Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentosan polysulfate sodium 100mg; caps.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ELMIRON:
Bladder pain/discomfort due to interstitial cystitis.
Take with water 1 hr before or 2 hrs after meals. ≥16yrs: 100mg 3 times daily. Reevaluate at 3 and 6 months.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Bleeding or risk of bleeding (eg, surgery, aneurysm, GI ulcer, polyps). History of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Hepatic insufficiency. Splenic disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with drugs that increase bleeding risk (eg, anticoagulants, tPA, aspirin, NSAIDs).
Alopecia, GI upset, headache, rash, abdominal pain, hepatic dysfunction, dizziness, increased prothrombin time, hemorrhage.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma