Enalaprilat Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Enalaprilat 1.25mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Enalaprilat Injection:
To reduce blood pressure when oral therapy is not practical.
Give by IV inj over 5 minutes (administer over a longer period of time [up to 1 hour] in patients at risk for excessive hypotension). 1.25mg every 6 hours; max 20mg/day. Concomitant diuretics or CrCl≤30mL/min: initially 0.625mg; if inadequate response after 1 hour, may give additional 0.625mg dose; additional doses of 1.25mg may be given every 6 hours thereafter.
History of ACEI-associated or other angioedema. Pregnancy (Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimesters).
Renal or hepatic impairment. Salt/volume depletion. Severe CHF. Renal artery or aortic stenosis. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for neutropenia in renal or collagen vascular disease. Monitor for hyperkalemia in diabetics. Dialysis. Surgery. Discontinue if laryngeal edema, angioedema, marked elevations of liver enzymes or jaundice occurs. Black patients may have higher risk of angioedema than non-black patients. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C in 1st trimester). Nursing mothers.
Hypotension with diuretics. Hyperkalemia with K+-sparing diuretics or K+ supplements. May increase lithium levels. May be antagonized by NSAIDS.
Headache, orthostatic hypotension, asthenia, hyperkalemia, renal impairment, nausea, cough; angioedema, liver dysfunction, blood dyscrasias (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Vasotec.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy