Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 30g, sodium 50mEq, potassium 25mEq, chloride 45mEq, citrate 34mEq, Calories 126; per liter; fruit-flavor liq.
Mead Johnson Nutrition
Indications for ENFALYTE:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild to moderate diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: see literature. 5–10yrs: may give 1–2 quarts/day. Older children and adults: may give ≥ 2 quarts/day.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Adjust intake of other electrolyte containing liquids. Avoid carbonated or fruit drinks. Maintain correct caloric intake.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML