Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoxetate disodium 181.43mg/mL (0.25mol/L); soln for IV inj.
Indications for EOVIST:
For IV use in T1-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the liver to detect and characterize lesions in adults with known or suspected focal liver disease.
Give as IV bolus inj at a rate of 2mL/sec; flush with saline after inj. 0.1mL/kg (0.025mmol/kg). See full labeling re: imaging guidelines.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Severe renal or hepatic failure. Elevated bilirubin (>3mg/dL) or ferritin may reduce hepatic contrast effect; perform MRI no later than 60 mins following administration. History of asthma/allergic disorders. Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Serum iron using complexometric methods may result in falsely high or low values for up to 24hrs.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, parosmia, increased blood pressure, flushing, respiratory disorders, vomiting, nausea, rash, pruritus, inj site reactions, feeling hot.
Single-dose vials (10mL, 15mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma