Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethanolamine oleate 50mg/mL; soln for IV inj; contains benzyl alcohol 2%.
QOL Medical, LLC
Indications for ETHAMOLIN:
For the treatment of esophageal varices that have recently bled, to prevent rebleeding.
Usual IV dose: 1.5–5mL per varix. Max dose per treatment session: 20mL. Child Class C or concomitant cardiopulmonary disease: give less than the recommended max dose. To obliterate the varix, may give injections at the time of the acute bleeding episode and then after one week, six weeks, three months, and six months as indicated.
Should be performed by physician familiar with technique. Submucosal inj: not recommended. Cardiorespiratory disease; monitor. Child Class C (more likely to develop esophageal ulceration). Elderly, critically ill (increased risk of fatal aspiration pneumonia). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pleural effusion/infiltration, esophageal ulcer, pyrexia, retrosternal pain, esophageal stricture, pneumonia, rare: anaphylactic reaction (may be fatal), acute renal failure.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC