Etoposide Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Etoposide 50mg; contain parabens.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Etoposide Capsules:
Small cell lung cancer.
Round dose to nearest 50mg increment. Range: 70mg/m2 per day for 4 days to 100mg/m2 per day for 5 days. Repeat course every 3 to 4 weeks after recovery (esp myelosuppression). Renal impairment (CrCl ≤50mL/min): reduce dose (see literature). Consider dose reduction with existing myelosuppression due to previous radiation or chemotherapy.
Monitor blood (esp CBC/differential, platelets, hemoglobin) before each cycle and during therapy; renal function. Withhold dose if platelet count <50,000/mm3 or ANC <500/mm3. Hypoalbuminemia. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cyclosporine. Additive toxicity with radiation, other cytotoxic therapies.
GI upset, mucositis, myelosuppression (esp. neutropenia, thrombocytopenia; may be fatal), alopecia, fever, infections, peripheral neurotoxicity; hypersensitivity reactions, acute leukemia (rare); others.
Formerly known under the brand name VePesid.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma