EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH:
Minor aches and pains.
Take with full glass of water. 2 caplets every 6 hours as needed; max 8 caplets/day.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Reye's syndrome. Persistent or unresponsive headache. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Peptic ulcer. GI bleeding disorders. Liver cirrhosis. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of GI bleed, tinnitus, loss of hearing, or new symptoms occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or persists for >10 days or if fever worsens or persists for >3 days. Elderly (≥60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. May antagonize uricosurics. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day or concomitant other drugs containing acetaminophen, NSAIDs. Caution with diuretics, corticosteroids.
Analgesic + salicylate.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma