Expertscape, a web platform that identifies and objectively ranks physicians and researchers that excel in the treatment and diagnosis of specific disease states, has released their rankings for US physicians who specialize in breast cancer.
Using Expertscape’s patented algorithm, Hope Rugo, MD, of University of California San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, is at the top of an esteemed list of experts. Among her many publications in 2020, Dr. Rugo contributed, along with fellow physicians Eric Winer, MD, of Dana Farber Cancer Center and Lisa Carey, MD, of University of North Carolina Linberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, to the 5th ESO-ESMO international consensus guidelines for advanced breast cancer. Among the findings outlined in this paper is “ABC is a treatable disease with several available therapies and many others in development. However, their impact on survival and quality of life (QoL) of ABC patients has been slow and different for de novo versus recurrent ABC, with the latter becoming much harder to treat in recent years.”
The following 10 physicians have dedicated enormous time, energy, and commitment to advance our understanding and treatment of breast cancer, and as we observe Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we are pleased to recognize and celebrate their individual and collective contribution to medicine and cancer therapies.
- Hope S. Rugo, MD, UCSF Helen Diller
- Harold Burstein, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center
- Monica Morrow, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Eric Winer, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center
- William J Gradishar, MD, Northwestern Medicine
- Lisa A. Carey, MD, UNC Lineberger
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center
- Benjamin O. Anderson, MD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Clifford Hudis, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Sharon Hermes Giordano, MD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Expertscape is part of the Haymarket Medical Network and this article is supplied as a free resource for referring physicians enabling them to easily find knowledgeable medical expertise when faced with a serious diagnosis or complicated health issues. To learn more or to find Experts in other diseases, visit Expertscape.