Cancer Therapy Advisor interviewed Dr Dyer about recent study results relating to the retinoblastoma epigenome and an important finding about the timing of retinoblastoma development.
Periocular basal cell carcinomas (pBCCs) have a mean growth rate of 11.2 mm² every 30 days.
In patients with advanced uveal melanoma, treatment with the agent selumetinib, compared with chemotherapy, resulted in an improved cancer progression-free survival time and tumor response rate, but no improvement in overall surviva.
Researchers have identified a therapeutic target for treating the most common form of eye cancer in adults.
Carboplatin-Induced Ototoxicity Higher than Previously Reported in Children Treated for RetinoblastomaFebruary 28, 2012
Young children with retinoblastoma treated with systemic carboplatin have a higher incidence of ototoxicity than previously reported, calling for routine, thorough, long-term audiologic monitoring, a study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology published online February 27 reported.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Changes in Renal Cell Carcinoma Pathologic Staging and Histologic Grading
- Study Identifies Patients With Breast Cancer Who Don't Benefit From Adjuvant Chemo
- CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapies: "Expect an Evolution"
- Hypofractionated WBI Found Noninferior to Conventionally Fractionated WBI
- Selinexor Trials Move Nuclear Suppressor Protein-Export Inhibition Closer to the Clinic for Multiple Myeloma
- Younger Breast Cancer Patients at Higher Risk for Osteoporosis
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Immunosurveillance in Multiple Myeloma Identified