Famotidine Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Famotidine 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj or infusion after dilution; multidose vials contain benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Famotidine Injection :
Hospitalized patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, intractable ulcers, or as a short-term alternative to oral dosage forms.
Give by IV inj over 2 mins or infuse over 15–30 mins. 20mg every 12hrs.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 2 mins or infuse over 15 mins. <1yr: not recommended. 1–16yrs: initially 0.25mg/kg every 12hrs; max 40mg/day.
Symptomatic response does not preclude gastric malignancy. Moderate-to-severe renal insufficiency (CrCl <50mL/min): reduce to ½ the dose or prolong dosing interval to 36–48hrs. Elderly: use low doses. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant dasatinib, delavirdine mesylate, cefditoren, fosamprenavir: not recommended. May alter absorption of pH-dependent drugs (eg, atazanavir, erlotinib, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ledipasvir/sofosbuvir, nilotinib, rilpivirine). May potentiate CYP1A2 substrates (eg, tizanidine); monitor if use is needed. May give antacids concomitantly.
Headache, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, inj site reactions; rare: CNS reactions, prolonged QT interval in renal impairment (moderate and severe).
Formerly known under the brand name Pepcid Injection.
Tabs—30, 100; Susp—50mL; Inj—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML
- Later-Line Treatments for Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma of the Bladder
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study