Generic Name and Formulations:
Felodipine 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg; ext rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Felodipine:
Take without food or with a light meal. Do not crush or chew. Initially 5mg once daily. Range 2.5–10mg once daily. Adjust at 2 week intervals; max 10mg daily. Elderly or hepatic dysfunction: initially 2.5mg once daily.
Heart failure. Hepatic impairment. Maintain good dental hygiene. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
May increase metoprolol, tacrolimus levels. Potentiated by cimetidine. Increased bioavailability with grapefruit juice. Levels decreased with long-term anticonvulsants (eg, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital), consider alternate antihypertensive therapy.
Peripheral edema, headache, flushing, dizziness, respiratory symptoms, weakness, cough, GI upset, gynecomastia; hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, MI, angina, gingival hyperplasia (rare).
Formerly known under the brand name Plendil.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib