Generic Name and Formulations:
Icatibant 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for FIRAZYR:
Treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
≥18yrs: 30mg SC in abdominal area; may give additional doses at intervals of at least 6 hours if response inadequate or symptoms recur. Max 3 doses/24hrs.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Advise patients to seek medical attention after treating laryngeal attack given the potential for airway obstruction. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist.
May attenuate the antihypertensive effect of ACE inhibitors.
Inj site reactions, pyrexia, transaminase increase, dizziness, rash.
Single-use prefilled syringe (3mL)—1, 3
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline