FLAGYL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 750mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for FLAGYL ER:
Take 1 hr before or 2 hrs after meals. 750mg once daily for 7 days.
Pregnancy (1st trimester for trichomoniasis).
CNS disease. Discontinue if neurological symptoms occur. Severe hepatic disease: reduce dose. History of blood dyscrasias. Monitor leukocytes before and after therapy. Elderly: monitor serum levels. Pregnancy (Cat.B, 2nd and 3rd trimesters). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol during and for 3 days after use. Do not give within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). May potentiate oral anticoagulants, phenytoin, lithium. Antagonized by phenobarbital, phenytoin, other hepatic enzyme inducers. May impair phenytoin clearance. Potentiated by cimetidine, other hepatic enzyme inhibitors. Interferes with serum chemistry tests.
GI upset, headache, metallic taste, dysuria, cystitis, incontinence, Candida overgrowth, seizures, peripheral neuropathy, ECT changes; neutropenia, pancreatitis (rare).
Tabs—50, 100; ER—30; Caps 375mg—50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy