Generic Name and Formulations:
Epoprostenol (as sodium) 0.5mg, 1.5mg; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for FLOLAN:
Primary pulmonary hypertension. Pulmonary hypertension due to scleroderma disease in NYHA Class III and Class IV patients who do not respond adequately to conventional therapy.
Give by continuous chronic IV infusion through a central venous catheter. Initially 2 nanograms/kg per min; increase in increments of 2 nanograms/kg per min at ≥15 minute intervals until response achieved or tolerance develops. Dose decreases should be made gradually in 2 nanograms/kg/min decrements at ≥15 minute intervals until dose-limiting effects resolve.
Chronic use with CHF due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Pulmonary edema.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal or large dose reductions (may cause rebound pulmonary hypertension). Bleeding disorders. Start anticoagulant therapy, unless contraindicated. Monitor BP and heart rate for several hours after dose changes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated hypotensive effects with diuretics, antihypertensive agents, other vasodilators. Potentiates anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents. May potentiate digoxin (monitor).
Headache, jaw pain, flushing, GI upset, flu-like symptoms, anxiety, dizziness, tachycardia, myalgia.
Vials—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma