FLULAVAL QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, inactivated, "split virion" influenza vaccine (types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; contains thimerosal.
Indications for FLULAVAL QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<6months: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the anterolateral thigh (6–11months) and in the deltoid (≥12months). 6months–8yrs (previously unvaccinated): 2 doses/season, give at least 4 weeks apart; (vaccinated in a previous season): 1 or 2 doses/season (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation); if 2 doses/season; give at least 4 weeks apart. ≥9yrs: 1 dose/season.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Risk of sycope with injectable vaccines. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, redness, swelling), headache, muscle aches, arthralgia, fatigue, fever, malaise; children: irritability, loss of appetite, drowsiness.
Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes (0.5mL)—10; Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline