Flunisolide Spray Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Flunisolide 25mcg/spray; nasal soln.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flunisolide Spray:
Seasonal or perennial rhinitis.
≥15yrs: Initially 2 sprays in each nostril twice daily; max 8 sprays/nostril per day.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–14yrs: Initially 1 spray in each nostril 3 times daily or 2 sprays twice daily; max 4 sprays/nostril per day.
Untreated nasal infections.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Reduce dose as condition improves. May use nasal decongestants if needed. Discontinue if no effect after 3 wks. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, congestion, sneezing, epistaxis, lacrimation, sore throat, nausea, headache, loss of taste and smell, septal perforation, hypercorticism, fungal overgrowth, impaired wound healing, glaucoma, reduced growth velocity in children.
Formerly known under the brand names Nasalide, Nasarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline