Flunisolide Spray Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Flunisolide 25mcg/spray; nasal soln.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flunisolide Spray:
Seasonal or perennial rhinitis.
≥15yrs: Initially 2 sprays in each nostril twice daily; max 8 sprays/nostril per day.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–14yrs: Initially 1 spray in each nostril 3 times daily or 2 sprays twice daily; max 4 sprays/nostril per day.
Untreated nasal infections.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Reduce dose as condition improves. May use nasal decongestants if needed. Discontinue if no effect after 3 wks. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, congestion, sneezing, epistaxis, lacrimation, sore throat, nausea, headache, loss of taste and smell, septal perforation, hypercorticism, fungal overgrowth, impaired wound healing, glaucoma, reduced growth velocity in children.
Formerly known under the brand names Nasalide, Nasarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy