Generic Name and Formulations:
Flutamide 125mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flutamide:
In combination with LHRH agonists (GnRH analogues) in locally confined stage B2–C and stage D2 metastatic prostate carcinoma.
250mg every 8 hrs.
Severe hepatic impairment. ALT ≥2xULN: not recommended.
Monitor liver function at baseline, monthly for first 4 months, then periodically, and if liver dysfunction occurs; if ALT >2xULN or jaundice occurs, discontinue and monitor closely until resolution. Monitor prostate specific antigen (PSA). Consider monitoring methemoglobin levels in patients susceptible to aniline toxicity (e.g., G6PD deficiency, smokers, hemoglobin M disease). Pregnancy (Cat.D); not for use in women.
Diarrhea, hot flashes, loss of libido, impotence, GI disturbances, gynecomastia, rash, edema, hypertension, CNS effects, blood dyscrasias, urine discoloration, liver failure.
Formerly known under the brand name Eulexin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC