Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Fluticasone:
Perennial nonallergic rhinitis.
Initially 2 sprays in each nostril once daily or 1 spray in each nostril twice daily (AM and PM). Maintenance: may reduce to 1 spray in each nostril daily. Max total daily doses: 2 sprays in each nostril (200mcg/day).
<4yrs: not established. ≥4yrs: initially 1 spray in each nostril once daily; may increase to 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Maintenance: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Max total daily doses: 2 sprays in each nostril (200mcg/day).
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid ritonavir. Caution with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Headache, pharyngitis, epistaxis, nasal burning, asthma symptoms, GI upset, cough, reduced growth velocity in children.
Formerly known under the brand name Flonase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities