Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; contains thimerosal.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for FLUVIRIN:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not recommended. Each dose is 0.5mL IM. 4–8yrs: 2 doses at least 1 month apart for 1st immunization, otherwise 1 dose per season. >9yrs: 1 dose/season. Infants and young children: give in anterolateral thigh; older: give in deltoid muscle.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see literature). Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids) may result in suboptimal response.
Local reactions, headache, fever, malaise, fatigue, myalgia.
Multidose vial (5mL)—1
Single-dose prefilled syringes (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline