Generic Name and Formulations:
Teriparatide (recombinant) 250mcg/mL; soln for SC inj; contains m-cresol.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for FORTEO:
Postmenopausal osteoporosis in women who are at high risk for fracture. To increase bone mass in men with primary or hypogonadal osteoporosis who are at high risk for fracture. Treatment of men and women with osteoporosis associated with sustained glucocorticoid therapy at high risk for fracture (see literature).
20mcg SC once daily into thigh or abdominal wall; may treat for up to 2 years.
Increased baseline risk for osteosarcoma (eg, Paget's disease of bone, unexplained increased alkaline phosphatase, open epiphyses, prior skeletal radiation therapy), bone metastases, history of skeletal malignancies, metabolic bone disease, hypercalcemia or risk thereof (eg, hyperparathyroidism): not recommended. Urolithiasis. Hypercalciuria. Hepatic, renal, or cardiac disease. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with digoxin (teriparatide-induced hypercalcemia increases risk of toxicity).
Hormone (human parathyroid hormone, recombinant).
Arthralgia, pain, nausea; transient orthostatic hypotension, hypercalcemia, hyperuricemia, inj site reactions.
Multidose Pen (2.4mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma