Generic Name and Formulations:
Zinc acetate 25mg, 50mg; gelatin caps; contains parabens.
Indications for GALZIN:
Maintenance treatment of Wilsons disease in patients initially treated with a chelating agent.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach. 50mg three times daily. Pregnant women: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
<10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
Monitor 24-hour urinary zinc, urine and plasma copper levels, LFTs, bilirubin, aminotransferases. Perform neuropsychiatric evaluations (eg, speech). Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
GI upset, elevated serum alkaline phosphatase, amylase, and lipase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma