Generic Name and Formulations:
Zinc acetate 25mg, 50mg; gelatin caps; contains parabens.
Indications for GALZIN:
Maintenance treatment of Wilsons disease in patients initially treated with a chelating agent.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach. 50mg three times daily. Pregnant women: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
<10yrs: not recommended. ≥10yrs: 25mg three times daily; may increase to 50mg three times daily.
Monitor 24-hour urinary zinc, urine and plasma copper levels, LFTs, bilirubin, aminotransferases. Perform neuropsychiatric evaluations (eg, speech). Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
GI upset, elevated serum alkaline phosphatase, amylase, and lipase.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities