Generic Name and Formulations:
Ferumoxsil 175mcg/mL; susp; contains parabens 1.4mg/mL.
Indications for GASTROMARK:
For oral use with magnetic resonance imaging to enhance the delineation of the bowel to distinguish it from organs and tissues that are adjacent to the upper regions of the GI tract.
Take after fasting at least 4 hours. 600mL orally at a rate of 300mL over 15 minutes. Max dose: 900mL. Optimal results occur within 30 minutes.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Known or suspected intestinal perforation or obstruction.
Current or recent hiatal hernia, esophageal reflux, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Patients who cannot tolerate large fluid shifts and who are on specific fluid requirements. Inflammatory bowel disease. Disorders associated with iron overload (eg, hemosiderosis, chronic hemolytic anemia with frequent blood transfusions, chronic iron replacement). Avoid aspiration. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Superparamagnetic iron oxide.
Diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, abdominal pain/cramps, dyspepsia, vomiting, oral paresthesia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- Higher Radiation Dose May Not Improve Prostate Cancer Outcomes
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches