GCS GU 2018
In separate studies, apalutamide, an investigational agent, and enzalutamide prolonged metastasis-free survival in men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Findings from the phase 2 CABOSUN study showed that, compared with sunitinib, cabozantinib improves PFS and the ORR among patients with advanced RCC.
The impact of this treatment on quality of life was not previously reported.
COMET-1 and COMET-2 previously showed no overall survival benefit with cabozantinib.
It was previously unknown whether chemotherapy or surveillance leads to improved outcomes in prostate cancer post-prostatectomy.
Previous findings suggested that there were no benefits to overall survival or disease-free survival with VEGF-TKIs vs placebo.
This study was designed to evaluate the efficacy of each treatment using 3-year distant metastasis-free survival as a primary outcome.
Patients with PRCC1 frequently show MET mutations. Crizotinib, a dual inhibitor of MET and ALK, has shown promising activity in MET-altered cancers.
Patients receiving VEGF-TKIs are likely to have treatment dose reductions, delays, or interruptions because of diarrhea, which occurs in about 50% of cases.
Of 542 enrolled patients, 270 were randomly assigned to pembrolizumab and 272 were assigned to chemotherapy. All patients progressed after platinum therapy.
The median follow-up was 17.6 months at time of interim analysis.
Seventy-eight patients with metastatic urothelial carcinoma received intravenous nivolumab until disease progression or discontinuation.
Researchers randomly assigned 1401 men with M0 CRPC undergoing ADT to receive enzalutamide 160 mg or placebo.
It is unestablished whether daily or weekly IGRT is optimal for patients with N0 localized prostate cancer.
A significant reduction in prostate cancer-specific mortality — the primary outcome — was observed among patients who received 18 months of AS.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Resveratrol and Cancer
- Liquid Biopsies and Cancer Detection: New Test Assesses Levels of Circulating Proteins for Early-Stage Diagnosis
- Understanding Telomerase: Higher Quality Images Give Insight Into Developing New Agents for Inhibition
- ARID1A Mutations Might Predict Tumor Response to Immunotherapy
- Global Burden of Myeloma Increasing, Access to Treatments Lacking
- ENESTfreedom Study Reports Durable Treatment-Free Remission in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia After 96 Weeks
- Adding Rituximab to Prednisolone May Improve Long-Term Response in Immune Thrombocytopenia
- FDA Updates Restrictions for Pembrolizumab, Atezolizumab in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Longer Overall Survival with FOLFIRINOX Versus Gemcitabine/nab-Paclitaxel in Pancreatic Cancer
- Dendritic Cell Vaccine Plus Salvage Chemotherapy Active in Gastric Cancer