Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 10% (1g/sachet); topical gel; contains alcohol.
Indications for GELNIQUE:
Overactive bladder (OAB) with urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Apply 1g gel (one sachet) once daily to dry, intact skin on abdomen, upper arm/shoulders, or thighs. Rotate application sites; avoid use of same site on consecutive days. Wash hands after application. Avoid washing area/showering for 1hr after application.
Urinary or gastric retention. Uncontrolled narrow angle glaucoma.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction. Decreased GI motility. Ulcerative colitis. Intestinal antony. Gastroesophageal reflux. Esophagitis. Controlled narrow angle glaucoma. Discontinue if skin hypersensitivity or angioedema develops. Monitor for anticholinergic CNS effects; consider discontinuing if occur. Avoid in myasthenia gravis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Minimize skin transference: cover application site with clothing if direct contact is anticipated. Exposure to high environmental temperatures. Gel is flammable. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with drugs that can cause or exacerbate esophagitis (eg, bisphosphonates). Additive effects with other anticholinergics.
Dry mouth, application site reactions (eg, pruritus, dermatitis, papules, erythema), urinary tract infection, dizziness, nasopharyngitis, fatigue, headache, constipation, other anticholinergic effects (eg, CNS).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline