Adolescent Exercise Linked to Reduced Risk of Cancer, Cardiovascular Disease
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
Adolescent exercise was found to be associated with a decreased risk of death caused by cancer, cardiovascular disease (CVD), and all causes, according to an article published online in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
This study included 74,941 Chinese women (40-70 years) who took part in the Shanghai Women’s Health Study (SWHS) between 1996 and 2000.
Results showed adolescent exercise for less than or equal to 1.33 hours per week hazard ratios (HR, 0.83; 95% CI, 0.72, 0.95); (HR, 0.83; 95% CI, 0.70, 0.98); and (HR, 0.78; 95% CI, 0.71, 0.85) and greater than 1.33 hours per week (HR, 0.83; 95% CI, 0.74, 0.93); (HR, 0.62; 95% CI, 0.53, 0.72); and (HR, 0.71; 95% CI, 0.66, 0.77) were both associated with reduced mortality risk caused by cancer, CVD, and all causes, HRs reported, respectively.
Furthermore, an inverse association was observed between participation in sports teams and cancer mortality (HR, 0.86; 95% CI: 0.76, 0.97).
After adjusting for adult and adolescent factors, the authors concluded joint adolescent and adult exercise was also linked to reduced risk of cancer, CVD, and all-cause mortality (HR, 0.87; 95% CI, 0.74, 1.01), (HR, 0.83; 95% CI, 0.69, 1.00), and (HR, 0.80; 95% CI, 0.72, 0.89), respectively, and found exercise during adolescence was inversely related to cancer mortality (HR, 0.84; 95% CI: 0.71, 0.98).
Adolescent exercise was found to be associated with a decreased risk of death caused by cancer, cardiovascular disease.
Adolescent exercise was found to be associated with a decreased risk of death caused by cancer, cardiovascular disease (CVD), and all causes, according to an article published online in the journalCancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Immunotherapy in Glioblastoma: Peaks and Pits
- OS and PFS End Points Not Met in Phase 3 Trial of Pembrolizumab in Advanced HCC
- No Benefit Observed With Osimertinib Plus Durvalumab in EGFR-Mutated NSCLC
- Evidence of the Role of Circulating Insulin in Renal Cell Carcinoma Risk
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer