Recommended Dose of Cixutumumab for Children with Recurrent Solid Tumors Determined
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
Cixutumumab is a monoclonal antibody that has potent anti-tumor activity in a variety of cell-lines and xenografts, so researchers from the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and other institutions sought to determine the maximum-tolerated dose and dose-limiting toxicities of the drug when administered in combination with temsirolimus to children with tumors that are refractory to therapy.
In this study, which was published online ahead of print in Clinical Cancer Research, cixutumumab and temsirolimus were given intravenously once every 7 days in 28-day cycles to 39 patients with a median age of 11.8 years.
Four dose levels of cixutumumab and temsirolimus were given (6 mg/kg and 15 mg/m2; 6 mg/kg and 10 mg/m2; 4 mg/kg and 8 mg/m2; and 6 mg/kg and 8 mg/m2 ) and of those patients enrolled in the trial, 33 were assessable for resulting toxicities.
Mucositis was the predominant dose-limiting toxicity. Other toxicities included hypercholesterolemia, fatigue, thrombocytopenia, and increased ALT. Based on the PK parameters of the study, the authors concluded that the recommended doses for a future phase II study of cixutumumab and temsirolimus are 6 mg/kg and 8 mg/m2, respectively.
Cixutumumab is a monoclonal antibody that has potent anti-tumor activity in a variety of cell-lines and xenografts.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Bowel Preparation for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Improving Outcomes
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- Duvelisib Delayed Progression in CLL/SLL: Study
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Potential Diagnostic Tool Detects BCR-ABL1 mRNA in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- BTK Inhibitor Zanubrutinib Appears Promising in Waldenström Macroglobulinemia
- Carfilzomib Regimens Offer a Neuropathy-Sparing Approach in Multiple Myeloma, WM
- Apalutamide Does Not Diminish Quality of Life in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Treatment Delays May Mean Worse Survival in Head and Neck Cancer