Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to 3mg gentamicin per mL); contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution:
Susceptible bacterial infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
1 or 2 drops in affected eye(s) every 4 hours. Severe infections: Up to 2 drops once every hour.
Discontinue if purulent discharge, inflammation or pain develops. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Ocular burning/irritation, non-specific conjunctivitis, conjunctival epithelial defects, conjunctival hyperemia, bacterial and fungal corneal ulcers; rare: allergic reactions, thrombocytopenic purpura, hallucinations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy