Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Gentamicin sulfate (equivalent to 3mg gentamicin per mL); contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Gentamicin sulfate Ophthalmic Solution:
Susceptible bacterial infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
1 or 2 drops in affected eye(s) every 4 hours. Severe infections: Up to 2 drops once every hour.
Discontinue if purulent discharge, inflammation or pain develops. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Ocular burning/irritation, non-specific conjunctivitis, conjunctival epithelial defects, conjunctival hyperemia, bacterial and fungal corneal ulcers; rare: allergic reactions, thrombocytopenic purpura, hallucinations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline