Generic Name and Formulations:
Angiotensin II 2.5mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical
Indications for GIAPREZA:
To increase blood pressure in septic or other distributive shock.
Give by IV infusion. Initially 20ng/kg/min. May titrate every 5mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min as needed based on BP response; max 80ng/kg/min during first 3hrs of treatment. Maintenance dose: max 40ng/kg/min. Doses as low as 1.25ng/kg/min may be used. Once sufficiently improved, down-titrate every 5–15mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min based on BP.
Risk of thrombosis. Use concurrent VTE prophylaxis. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant ACE inhibitors may increase response. Concomitant ARBs may decrease response.
Thromboembolic events (eg, deep vein thrombosis), thrombocytopenia, tachycardia, fungal infection, delirium, acidosis, hyperglycemia, peripheral ischemia.
Single-dose vial (1mL, 2mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Rectal Cancer: Adjuvant Chemotherapy May Improve OS After pCR
- Breast Cancer: Determining the Best Diet for Disease Prevention
- Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer May Cause Diabetes
- Post-Oophorectomy Estrogen Therapy May Not Increase Breast Cancer Risk in BRCA1 Carriers
- Carboxyamidotriazole Orotate With Temozolomide May Be Active Against Glioblastoma