Generic Name and Formulations:
Amantadine HCl 68.5mg, 137mg; ext-rel caps.
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for GOCOVRI:
Treatment of dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease patients receiving levodopa-based therapy, with or without concomitant dopaminergic medications.
Swallow whole. May open caps and sprinkle contents on a teaspoonful of soft food (eg, applesauce) if needed. Initially 137mg once daily at bedtime; increase to 274mg once daily at bedtime after 1 week. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–59mL/min/1.73m2): initially 68.5mg once daily; increase to max 137mg once daily after 1 week; (CrCl 15–29mL/min/1.73m2): 68.5mg once daily.
End-stage renal disease (CrCl <15mL/min/1.73m2).
Sleep disorders. Discontinue if daytime sleepiness or episodes of falling asleep during activities that require full attention develops. Monitor for depression, suicidal ideation or behavior. Psychotic disorders. Monitor for hallucinations, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension (esp. at initiation and after dose increases). Monitor for new or increased urges or compulsive behaviors; consider reducing dose or discontinuing if develops. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor conditions (eg, renal tubular acidosis, severe UTIs) that can alter the urine pH (acidic or alkaline). Renal impairment. Elderly: monitor renal function. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant alcohol, live attenuated vaccines: not recommended. Increased somnolence with concomitant sedatives. Potentiated by anticholinergics; reduce dose. Concomitant drugs affecting urinary pH (eg, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate); monitor.
Hallucination, dizziness, dry mouth, peripheral edema, constipation, falls, orthostatic hypotension; drowsiness, suicidality, depression, withdrawal-emergent hyperpyrexia/confusion, impulse control/compulsive behavior.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC