Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 400mcg; per pkt; sublingual powder.
Indications for GONITRO:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 or 2 packets (400mcg/packet) sublingually at onset, may give 1 additional packet every 5 mins as needed; max 3 packets in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute circulatory failure or shock.
Hypotensive (constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis) or volume depleted. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, beta-adrenergic blockers, calcium channel blockers. Potentiated by high-dose aspirin. May antagonize tissue-type plasminogen activators (t-PA). Avoid ergotamine and related drugs; monitor if unavoidable.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, hypotension.
Pwd pkts—12, 36, 96
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib