Generic Name and Formulations:
Gabapentin 300mg, 600mg; tabs.
Indications for GRALISE:
Swallow whole; do not crush, split or chew tabs. Take once daily with the evening meal. ≥18yrs: initially 300mg on Day 1, 600mg on Day 2, 900mg on Days 3–6, 1200mg on Days 7–10, 1500mg on Days 11–14, titrate up to 1800mg on Day 15. Renal impairment: CrCl 30–60mL/min: 600–1800mg. CrCl <30mL/min or on hemodialysis: not recommended.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not interchangeable with other gabapentin products. Epilepsy. Increased risk of suicidal thoughts/behavior. Monitor for worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts/behavior, and unusual changes in mood/behavior. Multiorgan hypersensitivity. Renal impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation; if discontinuing, withdraw gradually over 1 week or longer. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May affect or be affected by hydrocodone. Potentiated by morphine. Separate dosing of aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids by at least 2 hours. May cause false (+) results with urine protein tests (eg, Multistix SG).
Dizziness, somnolence, headache, lethargy, peripheral edema, diarrhea, dry mouth, pain in extremity.
Tabs 300mg—30; 600mg—90; 30-Day Starter pack—78 (9 x 300mg + 69 x 600mg)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma