Granisetron HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Granisetron HCl 1mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Granisetron HCl Tablets:
Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy (including high-dose cisplatin), and with radiation (including total body irradiation and fractionated abdominal radiation).
Chemotherapy: give only on the days chemotherapy is given. 2mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy; or, 1mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy, then 1mg 12 hours after initial dose. Radiation: 2mg within 1 hour of radiation.
Use IV form.
Abdominal surgery. May mask progressive ileus and/or gastric distention. Pre-existing arrhythmias or cardiac conduction disorders. Cardiac disease, concomitant cardio-toxic chemotherapy or electrolyte abnormalities: increased risk of QT prolongation. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with drugs that affect CYP450 or prolong the QT interval.
Selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Headache, asthenia, diarrhea, constipation; QT prolongation.
Formerly known under the brand name Kytril.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma